Here are many of the major benefits of the infrared sauna:
1. The heat penetrates deeper, so the effects reach deeper.
2. You sweat much more heavily and at a lower temperature.
(If you’re new to the sauna, you might find you don’t sweat at all the first few times, or even the first several times! That may sound strange, but some people have suppressed sweating mechanisms due to past pesticide exposure or other toxic exposures. Don’t expect to sweat right away when you enter the sauna. For someone who has learned how to take a sauna, taken many and sweats easily, it can take a few minutes or more to start sweating noticeably. As you use the sauna more regularly, you’ll notice that you sweat more profusely. )
3. The composition of your sweat is different than that produced in a traditional sauna —- the sweat produced is loaded down more with toxins, including unwanted chemicals and heavy metals.
4. The heat penetrates deeper, so the effects reach deeper.
5. You achieve more benefits in less time.
6. People (maybe yourself included) will be able to safely and comfortably use your sauna who can't tolerate a regular sauna.
7. You use up more calories while you’re sweating —- and yes, we're talking about burning calories and not just losing water weight.
8. It won’t raise your blood pressure, and may even lower it.
9. It’s easier on your lungs and eyes.
If you're a healthy person - or one whose health issue doesn't prevent sauna use - you can take a sauna every day!
Here’s a list of many of the medically proven sauna benefits.